The library fosters a community of learning and literacy that
leads to high academic achievement, independent reading and learning, and
collaboration throughout the school.
Goals for Effective
Students are motivated and independent learners.
- Students successfully employ information literacy, technology, and critical
thinking skills in subject-area learning experiences.
- Students are engaged in independent reading and inquiry-based
The library is a powerful intellectual and social space where students and
teachers gather ideas, exchange points of view, and learn together.
- Students and teachers have access to certified school library media
- Students have equitable access to the library and its resources.
- The library provides access to high-quality resources in a variety of
formats that support curricular and instructional goals and respond to diverse
student needs and interests.
- The library facility is welcoming, with a climate conducive to individual
and shared learning.
- Current technology is available and operable to support multiple learning
experiences in the library and remote access to library resources.
The library program supports a culture of literacy throughout the
- Teachers integrate resources and information-literacy skills into every
- Teachers collaborate with the librarian and other teachers to optimize
instruction and curriculum design.
The library fosters a professional learning community.
- Teachers, principals, and librarians engage in ongoing professional
- Librarians facilitate professional dialogue and networking among teachers,
principals, and other librarians to support continuous improvement of